With the Mortgages Companion, LexisNexis provides a single, authoritative guide for all those involved in mortgage law. The content has been contributed by respected LexisNexis authors and selected from a variety of sources.
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing firstname.lastname@example.org; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
The content has been contributed by respected LexisNexis authors and selected from a variety of sources. Contributors include, George Hinde, Greg Woollaston, Don McMorland, Neil Campbell, Peter Twist (Hinde McMorland & Sim, Land Law in New Zealand) and Geoffrey Fuller (1933-2009) and Thomas Gibbons (Laws of New Zealand). Relevant legislation is also included. This text comes with a CD-ROM containing precedents (mortgagee sales), client care forms, full legislation and links to relevant online resources.
- - Mortgages - Application, form and priority
- - Mortgages - Redemption and mortgagees' powers
- - Case Note: Dollars and Sense Finance v Nathan
- - Fraud by a mortgagee's agent against a previous registered proprietor of land
- - Mortgagee Sales
- - Property Law Act 2007 (extracts)
- - Credit Contracts and Consumer Finance Act 2003
- - Land Transfer Act 1952
- - Land Transfer Regulations 2002
- - Property Law (Mortgagees' Sale Forms and Fees) Regulations 2007
- - Credit Contracts and Consumer Finance Regulations 2004
Visit www.companionseries.co.nz/mortgages for more information
Table of contents
- Chapter 1: The nature of a mortgage
- Chapter 2: Contractual Capacity to mortgage
- Chapter 3: What land may or may not be mortgaged
- Chapter 4: Registered mortgages and indefeasibility on registration
- Chapter 5: Priorities, variations and other matters relating to registration
- Chapter 6: Unregistered mortgages
- Chapter 7: Obligations secured by the mortgage
- Chapter 8: Implied covenants, powers and conditions
- Chapter 9: The mortgagor's right to redeem
- Chapter 10: Clogging the equity of redemption
- Chapter 11: Other rights of mortgagor
- Chapter 12: Rights of mortgagee
- Chapter 13: Remedies of the mortgagee: the personal remedy
- Chapter 14: Mortgagee sales
- Chapter 15: Mortgagee's entry into possession
- Chapter 16: Powers of Mortgagee in possession and other matters
- Chapter 17: Review of mortgages
- Chapter 18: Mortgages and the Credit Contracts and Consumer Finance Act 2003
- Chapter 19: Practitioners' duties in relation to mortgages
- Chapter 20: Articles