Principles of Land Law in New Zealand, 3rd edition
An indispensable two volume set guide to property and land law in New Zealand
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing email@example.com; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
Principles of Land Law in New Zealand is an abridged, two volume version of the highly regarded property resource, Hinde, McMorland & Sim Land Law in New Zealand. Continuing the reputation of previous editions, Principles of Land Law in New Zealand offers students and practitioners authoritative commentary on the fundamentals of land law.
Since the last edition, previously titled Principles of Real Property Law, there have been significant legislative and case law updates incorporated by the authors in all chapters with particular focus on the adaptation of the text throughout to incorporate the Land Transfer Act 2017.
• McMorland & Gibbons McMorland & Gibbons on Unit Titles and Cross-leases, 2nd edition, 2020
• McMorland McMorland on Easements Covenants and Licences, 4th edition, 2019
• Campbell Campbell on Caveats, 4th edition, 2019
• Goodall Hinde on Commercial Leases, 4th edition, 2019
• Campbell Campbell on Mortgages, 2014
• Hinde, McMorland & Sim Land Law in New Zealand (online resource)
Table of contents
1. Land Law in the Legal System
2. The Doctrine of Tenure
3. Estates in Land
4. Equity and Equitable Estates and Interests
5. Future Interests
6. The Extent of the Landholder's Rights
7. Title to Land
8. The Land Transfer System
9. Title by Registration
11. Leasehold Estates
12. Concurrent Interests in Land
13. Unit Titles and Cross Leases
14. Land as Security: Mortgages and Other Changes
15. Easements and Profits
16. Covenants Affecting Freehold Land
18. Capacity to Own and to Deal with Land