Understanding Company Law, 4th edition (eBook)
Please choose your device carefully and only download your eBook to the device on which you intend to read it. eBooks cannot be moved from one device to another and are only compatible with the following software:
PC Users: Adobe Digital Editions
iPad or iPhone: Bluefire Reader
Not compatible with Kobo eReader
* eBooks will be fulfilled in one to two business days.
An essential introduction to company law for students of business.
Providing an excellent balance between theory, case law and practice, Understanding Company Law covers the essential concepts of company law, business organisations, financial markets, takeovers and corporate governance in a clear and straightforward manner.
This new edition has been fully updated to take account of developments since the last edition was published in 2014, providing students with sufficient knowledge to develop a critical analysis and understanding of the topics. The law is presented in the context of critique, along with its uncertainties, ambiguities and problems, rather than as a mechanical description of the rules, making it easier to understand. The use of plain language ensures that the work is invaluable to students coming to the topic for the first time or who have English as a second language.
Key additions to this edition include:
- updates to the relevant legislation
- the inclusion of additional key case summaries
- summaries of recent Supreme Court decisions relevant to company law
- a new chapter on corporate governance in New Zealand
- a series of questions at the end of each chapter to test the reader on chapter content
- greater clarity of content
The LexisNexis Understanding series is renowned for its practical features and reference materials ideal for revision and exam preparation, such as:
- a glossary of key words
- lists of learning outcomes, key legislation and key cases
- key case summaries, with facts, issue and decision clearly stated
- examples, figures and tables used to illustrate concepts
- margin notes
- revision questions
- Plain English text to ease understanding of company law for non-law students.
- Practical examples and exercises to reinforce learning.
- Brand new chapter that expands the coverage of company law in the book.
Related LexisNexis Titles
- Miller & Barber, Understanding Commercial Law, 9th edition, 2019
- Watts, Campbell & Hare, Company Law in New Zealand, 2nd edition, 2015
- Barber, Understanding the Economic Environment, 4th edition, 2014
Table of contents
- Chapter 1: Companies – context and problems
- Chapter 2: Partnerships, limited partnerships and joint ventures
- Chapter 3: Comparing business organisations
- Chapter 4: Company formation and internal governance
- Chapter 5: Corporate liability
- Chapter 6: Corporate finance
- Chapter 7: Record keeping, reporting and auditors
- Chapter 8: Shareholders
- Chapter 9: Shareholders’ remedies
- Chapter 10: The board of directors
- Chapter 11: Directors’ duties
- Chapter 12: Financial markets law
- Chapter 13: Takeovers and amalgamations
- Chapter 14: Corporate default
- Chapter 15: Liquidation
- Chapter 16: Corporate governance