Understanding Accounting Principles, 7th edition
Accounting and financial concepts are explained and applied in a practical and sensible way in plain English. Material and examples are based on New Zealand businesses and local experience to ensure relevance and assist with student comprehension.
Select a format
Understanding Accounting Principles provides students with a straightforward introduction to the principles of accounting and their application. Clear language, real life New Zealand examples and case studies with checkpoints (that enable student to check their understanding of the topic) makes this the ideal text for students studying accounting (or aspects of accounting) but who have not had any prior contact with the topic.
- simple language
- business and real life examples
- clear, explanatory case studies
- checkpoints for learning and testing
- short answer questions and resource files
- full glossaries of keywords
- annual reports from leading New Zealand companies for analysis.
Table of contents
- Chapter 1 Accounting and the New Zealand Business Environment
- Chapter 2 Starting up
- Chapter 3 Determining profit
- Chapter 4 Issues in income determination and asset valuation
- Chapter 5 Tracking cash and controlling assets
- Chapter 6 The internal focus
- Chapter 7 Analysing financial reports