Legal Writing: A Complete Guide for a Career in Law (eBook)
Please choose your device carefully and only download your eBook to the device on which you intend to read it. eBooks cannot be moved from one device to another and are only compatible with the following software:
PC Users: Adobe Digital Editions
iPad or iPhone: Bluefire Reader
Not compatible with Kobo eReader
* eBooks will be fulfilled in one to two business days.
This comprehensive guide is designed to provide law students with the skills they need, from the minute they reach law school right through to admission to the Bar, in multiple jurisdictions.
Legal Writing: A Complete Guide for a Career in Law will provide law students with the skills they need from the minute they reach law school right through to admission to the Bar, in multiple jurisdictions. It will help students write their essays, prepare for exams, and support the reader as they to prepare for the legal profession.
This brand new guide has been written by an experienced author team under the general editorship of Richard Scragg, one of the authors of the original Legal Research and Writing in New Zealand. Each contributor brings expertise and a practical understanding of their subject to both academic and professional environments.
- Written by a well-respected New Zealand academics and practitioner
- Addresses writing skills relevant to the New Zealand market
- Takes a student from year one of study through to their early years in legal practice
- Up-to-date and relevant content
Table of contents
- Transition from school to university
- Writing good English
- Writing an essay
- Test and exam preparation and execution
- Writing a research paper or dissertation
- Admission to the legal profession
- Employment in a law firm
- Entering the law office
- Writing a legal memorandum
- Writing a legal opinion
- Overseas admission : Australia
- Overseas admission: England and Wales
- Overseas admission: Hong Kong
- Overseas admission: USA
- Overseas admission: Canada
- Letter-writing and emails