LexisNexis WorkBook: Public International Law
LexisNexis Workbook: Public International Law is an invaluable resource for assessment and exam preparation in international law
Select a format
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing firstname.lastname@example.org; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
International law is more than a single subject. It is a legal system and differs considerably from domestic law. This can make the study of international law challenging.
Designed for first-time international law students or those wishing to refresh their generalist knowledge, this workbook captures the international legal system’s structural features and supports learning through a series of practice quizzes and problem questions covering all core areas of international law.
Part One of the workbook consists of short topic overviews followed by a mixture of multiple choice quizzes covering the principal features of each topic, and short-answer questions to prompt further reflection and consideration of the relevant concepts. Answers to all questions are provided at the end of each chapter.
The second section of the workbook consists of tutorial and exam-style problems. These build in complexity and scope as the reader works through the materials. At the end of the section are worked answers that explain the applicable law. The book concludes with a section providing general advice on essay writing and exam technique in international law.
The workbook is an essential resource for students and is an ideal companion to any substantive text on international law.
• Supports learning in a complex area of law
• Extensive revision resource
• Includes quizzes, questions, problems and guided answers
• Includes advice on exam technique
• Hall, Principles of International Law, 6th ed, 2019
• Islam, International Law: Current Concepts and Future Directions, 2014
• Pert, Quick Reference Card: International Law, 2014
• Triggs, International Law: Contemporary Principles and Practices, 2nd ed, 2011
• Tully, Lewis and Quirico, LexisNexis Study Guide: International Law, 2015
Table of contents
- Part 1. Topic Quizzes
- Chapter 1. The Subjects of International Law
- Chapter 2. The Sources of International Law
- Chapter 3. The Law of Treaties
- Chapter 4. The Law of State Responsibility
- Chapter 5. The Peaceful Settlement of Disputes
- Chapter 6. The Prohibition on the Threat or Use of Force
- Chapter 7. Collective Security Measures
- Chapter 8. International Law and Domestic Law
- Chapter 9. Jurisdiction and Immunities
- Part 2. Problem Questions
- Part 3. Essay Writing and Exam Technique in International Law
International Law: Current Concepts and Future DirectionsNZD$ 135.00
Quick Reference Card: International LawNZD$ 21.00
LexisNexis Study Guide: International LawNZD$ 63.00
International Law: Contemporary Principles and Practices, 2nd Edition (Paperback)NZD$ 202.00
Principles of International Law, 6th editionNZD$ 141.00