Law of Societies, 3rd edition (eBook)
Please choose your device carefully and only download your eBook to the device on which you intend to read it. eBooks cannot be moved from one device to another and are only compatible with the following software:
PC Users: Adobe Digital Editions
iPad or iPhone: Bluefire Reader
Not compatible with Kobo eReader
* eBooks will be fulfilled in one to two business days.
This comprehensive and up-to-date text explains the legislative framework within which societies, incorporated, unincorporated, and charitable, and charitable trusts, operate.
This text is an essential resource for legal advisers.The text will also be invaluable to the many New Zealanders actively involved in setting up and running societies and charitable trusts as it provides officers and members with the basic legal resources to carry out their tasks, while providing enough information to indicate when formal legal advice should be sought.
This edition has been totally revised to incorporate new case and statute law since publication of the first edition in 2000. In particular, the Chapter on charities has been substantially re-written to reflect the new Charities Commission regime under the Charities Act 2005.
- Plain English style
- Contains easy-to-access, practical information
- Provides concise and valuable outlines of the types of societies and charitable trusts
- Explains the rules governing membership, meetings, and constitutions
- Provides advice for problem solving when difficulties arise
Table of contents
- Chapter 1: Types of Society
- Chapter 2: Unincorporated Societies
- Chapter 3: How Societies are Formed
- Chapter 4: Constitutions and How They Are Changed
- Chapter 5: Membership of Societies
- Chapter 6: How Entities Are Governed
- Chapter 7: Administration
- Chapter 8: Society Meetings
- Chapter 9: Meetings - Standard Agenda and Minutes
- Chapter 10: Meetings - Motions and Voting
- Chapter 11: Role of the Registrar
- Chapter 12: Winding Up
- Chapter 13: Charitable Societies and Trusts