Kennedy-Grant and Weatherall on Construction Law: The Underlying Law – Contracts, Torts and Legislation
The legal framework of construction law in New Zealand. Written by the New Zealand authorities on construction law, Kennedy-Grant and Weatherall on Construction Law: The Underlying Law – Contracts, Torts and Legislation is an invaluable resource.
A practical book, in plain English, this is the perfect guide for contractors, construction professionals, lawyers and all those who may come into contact with the legal aspects of construction.
Contract law, the law of torts, and statutory controls form the framework of construction law, and LexisNexis have bound together chapters covering these topics from the online resource Kennedy-Grant and Weatherall on Construction Law to provide an overview of the relevant law available in a portable and economic format that ensures it will be a convenient resource to all construction industry professionals.
- A practical, structured approach to commentary on construction law
- Hardcopy, portable, offline resource to meet market demand
- Plain English and practical approach makes the book accessible to wider market including non-legal
Kennedy-Grant and Weatherall on Construction Law (Online Resource)
Finn, Todd & Barber, Burrows Finn and Todd on Law of Contract in New Zealand, 6th edition, 2017
Kennedy-Grant and Weatherall, Kennedy-Grant and Weatherall on Construction Law: Construction Contracts and Dispute Resolution, 2016
Table of contents
PART I — INTRODUCTION
- Chapter 1: Scope and structure of this text
- Chapter 2: Introduction to the construction process and the personnel involved
PART II — THE GENERAL LAW: CONTRACT AND TORTS
- Chapter 3: The law of contract
- Chapter 4: The law of torts
PART III — THE GENERAL LAW: STATUTORY CONTROLS
- Chapter 5: Control of the process: Resource Management Act 1991
- Chapter 6: Control of the process: Building Act 2004
- Chapter 7: Control of the process: other controls
- Chapter 8: Control of the personnel
PART VIII — THE IMPACT OF THE TORT OF NEGLIGENCE ON CONSTRUCTION LAW
- Chapter 23: The Impact of the Tort of Negligence on Construction Law