Garrow and Fenton's Law of Personal Property in New Zealand, 7th edition - Volume 2 (eBook)
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing email@example.com; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
Please choose your device carefully and only download your eBook to the device on which you intend to read it. eBooks cannot be moved from one device to another and are only compatible with the following software:
PC or Mac users: Adobe Digital Editions
iPad or iPhone: Bluefire Reader.
Not compatible with MacBook Air, Kobo eReader or Microsoft Surface Pro.
eBooks will be fulfilled in one to two business days.
The two-volume 7th edition of the highly regarded Garrow and Fenton's Law of Personal Property in New Zealand provides in-depth coverage of personal property securities as well as all other types of personal property. The 7th edition enlarges the role of previous editions, examining recent developments in a wholly modern context.
- The only comprehensive and completely up-to-date treatment of the topic of personal property in New Zealand
- The two-volume work comprises over 2000 pages of commentary, allowing for in-depth treatment of the relevant topics
- Continuation of a well-known and long-established book in the New Zealand market
- A must-have title for anyone practising in a commercial or general practice
- Written by Dr Roger Fenton, a highly regarded expert in this area of law
Volume 1 covers all types of personal property and includes detailed commentary on ownership of goods or tangible things, fixtures, gifts, bailment, liens, ships (including maritime liens), choses in action, and special forms of choses in action and incorporeal property. It also includes an overview of personal property securities.
The author, Dr Roger Fenton, is a barrister practising in Auckland. He specialises in civil litigation; specifically advising on land law, personal property and equity, and has written extensively in these areas.
Table of contents
1. Personal Property Securities
2. Introduction to the PPS System
3. Working Introduction to the System
4. Certain Interests Excluded from the Operation of the Act
5. The Categorisation of Collateral under the Act
6. Conflict of Laws
7. Transitional Provisions
8. Introduction to Security Interests
9. Security Interests
10. Security Agreements
13. When Buyers or Lessees of Goods Take Free of Security Interests
14. The Priority Rules
15. The General Rules for Determining Priorities as Between Competing Security Interests
17. Processed or Commingled Goods
18. Special Priority Rules Governing Conflicts between Security Interests and Other Interests (Apart from Part 5 and Part 6 Transactions)
19. Personal Property Securities Register
20. Enforcement and Repossession
21. Part 9 of the Personal Property Securities Act 1999
22. Credit (Repossession) Act 1997
23. Credit Contracts and Consumer Finance Act 2003
25. Interest, default interest and credit or default fees
29. Consumer leases
30. Credit-related insurance, repayment waivers and extended warranties
31. Buy-back transactions of land
32. Enforcement and remedies
33. Reopening of oppressive credit contracts, consumer leases and buy-back transactions
New!Questions and Answers: Torts, 4th edition and Butterworths Student Companion: Torts, 7th edition (Bundle)New!Release Date: November 29, 2023NZD$ 75.00
Butterworths Student Companion Family Law, 2nd edition and Family Law in New Zealand, 21st edition (Bundle)Release Date: October 25, 2023NZD$ 175.00
Student Companion: Criminal Law, 6th edition and Questions and Answers: Criminal Law, 5th edition (Bundle)Release Date: April 12, 2023NZD$ 75.00