Employment Law in New Zealand, 2nd edition
Employment Law in New Zealand presents New Zealand employment law concisely and in a format accessible to both students and legal practitioners
Select a format
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing firstname.lastname@example.org; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
Employment Law in New Zealand presents New Zealand employment law concisely and in a format accessible to both students and legal practitioners. New to this edition is an expanded discussion of the employment contract; changes arising from the Health and Safety Reform Act 2015; new legislation regards strike law and minimum wages as well as collective bargaining and pay equity. In addition to the comprehensive commentary, the chapters include further reading and additional resource suggestions.
This approachable book is an invaluable resource for all practitioners and students law - answering employment-related questions and providing a starting point for undertaking more specific research.
- Overlapping H&S Duties and Contractor Management [WEBINAR]
- McKenzie, Health and Safety at Work: A Practitioners Guide, 2016
- Practical Guidance Employment Law
- Mazengarb’s Employment Law (Loosleaf)
- Stewart & Murray, MyLawGuide: Employment Law Made Easy
Table of contents
Part 1: General introduction
1. Scope and structure of the book
2. Character and functions of employment law
3. Parties, concepts and institutions
Part 2: Individual employment law
4. The individual employment relationship
5. The employee and the employment agreement
6. Formation and form of an employment agreement
7. Contractual aspects of employment
8. Termination of employment
9. Personal grievances
10. Specific employment issues
Part 3: Collective employment law
11. Collective employment relationships
12. Freedom of association and trade unions
13. Collective bargaining and collective agreements
14. Occupational health and safety
Extent: Approx. 750