McMorland on Easements, Covenants and Licences, 5th edition
Comprehensive analysis and updated commentary on easements, covenants and licences
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing email@example.com; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
McMorland on Easements, Covenants and Licences is an authoritative work covering the law relating to these specific, yet related, areas of law. The fifth edition updates content from the last edition with a specific focus on the substantive legislative changes in the Land Transfer Act 2017, significant changes in the covenants chapter, and a major Supreme Court decision on easements. This book will provide the busy practitioner with up-to-date, clear and practical guidance on the law relating to easements, covenants and licences, and the issues which can arise from these rights.
The content from this book is drawn from chapters 16, 17 and 18 of the popular online publication Hinde, McMorland and Sim Land Law in New Zealand providing an in-depth and comprehensive analysis and commentary on all topics.
• The only dedicated resource relating to easements, covenants and licences on the New Zealand market.
• Provides up-to-date, clear and practical guidance.
• Material written by a leading commentator in this area and content from the popular Hinde, McMorland and Sim Land Law in New Zealand (online resource)
• Convenient and portable format.
• Jason Goodall, Hinde on Commercial Leases, 4th edition
• Neil Campbell, Campbell on Caveats, 3rd edition
• Thomas Gibbons A Practical Guide to the Land Transfer Act 2017, 1st edition
Table of contents
- Part 1: Easements and profits
- 1 Easements
- 2 Profits à prendre
- 3 Disturbance of easements and profits
- 4 Variation of easements and profits
- 5 Extinguishment of easements and profits
- Part 2: Covenants affecting freehold land
- 1 Introduction to covenants affecting freehold land
- 2 Covenants affecting freehold land: at common law
- 3 In equity: covenants created before 1 January 1987
- 4 Noted covenants
- 5 Modification or extinguishment of covenants
- 6 General principles applicable to covenants
- 7 Remedies for breach
- Part3: Licences
- 1 Nature of a licence
- 2 Types of licence
- 3 Equitable estoppel
- 4 Enforceability of licences by third parties
- 5 Determination of licences