Heath and Whale Insolvency Law in New Zealand, 4th edition
The first port of call for those working in, or with an interest in, insolvency.
Edited by Paul Heath and Mike Whale
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing email@example.com; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
Heath and Whale Insolvency Law in New Zealand, 4th edition, provides legal and practical guidance on insolvency and restructuring issues commonly encountered in New Zealand. The text offers an academic analysis of many complex issues that can arise in an insolvency, yet is written in a way that will assist a busy insolvency practitioner to become acquainted with relevant principles and their application in a timely way.
Drawn from the authoritative online resource of the same name, this 2021 edition is an extensive two-volume set containing information on the law relating to personal insolvency, receiverships, corporate rescue, liquidation, antecedent transactions, preferential debt and set-off, and trading trusts.
• Edited by industry experts Justice Paul Heath and Mike Whale.
• Most up-to-date and comprehensive coverage of insolvency law in New Zealand available.
• Watts, Campbell & Hare Company Law in New Zealand, 2nd edition, 2015
• Watts Directors’ Powers and Duties, 2nd edition, 2015
• Heath and Whale on Insolvency (online resource)
Table of contents
14. Company receiverships
15. Hiving down
16. Compromises, amalgamations, and schemes of arrangement
17. Voluntary administration
20. The liquidation process
21. The consequences of liquidation
22. The liquidator’s duties, rights, and powers
23. Liability of related companies, shareholders, and directors
24. Avoidance of antecedent transactions
Insolvency and PPSA
25. Insolvency and PPSA
Preferential Debt and Set-off
28. Priority claims and set-off
29. Preferential debt
32. Directors’ duties
3. Process for procuring bankruptcy
4. Property divisible amongst creditors
5. Duties of bankrupt
6. Powers and duties of official assignee
7. Distribution of bankrupt’s property
8. Offences by bankrupt
9. Discharge from and annulment of bankruptcy
10. Alternatives to bankruptcy
11. Preferential debts – personal insolvency
38. Insolvency practitioners
46. Trading trusts
52. Cross-border insolvency legislation
53. UNCITRAL model law