Burrows and Cheer Media Law in New Zealand, 7th edition - LN Red Book
What is a Red Book?
Red Books are the digital solution to your resource needs.
Red Books contain the same content as your hardcopy book, with added features and flexibility:
- -Carry your offline version of the book to lectures and Court without breaking your back
- -Search within and between publications in your Red library.
- -Highlight and annotate phrases, paragraphs and cases.
- -Available on your portable device, such as iPad or laptop
The Lexis Red app gives you a portable legal library, providing you with the content you need, when you need it.
Burrows and Cheer Media Law in New Zealand is a complete account and analysis of all aspects of the law affecting the media in New Zealand.
The authoritative text Burrows and Cheer Media Law in New Zealand provides comprehensive and definitive coverage of the topic of media law. A must have text for students of media law, lawyers, journalists and other media professionals. Burrows and Cheer Media Law in New Zealand is the standard, established reference work in the area written in a clear and straightforward manner without legal jargon that appeals to both legal professionals and the layperson.
In this 7th edition, the author has comprehensively updated the text to reflect rapid changes in law since 2010, particularly with regards to defamation, privacy, breach of confidence, contempt and court reporting, official information, and media complaints bodies. A new chapter on the New Zealand advertising standards regime has also been added.
Table of contents
1. Penalties and Remedies
3. Defences to a Defamation Action
5. Breach of Confidence
7. Other Civil Liabilities
8. Reporting Court Proceedings
9. Contempt of Court
10. Criminal Offences
11. Reporting Parliament and Local Authorities
12. Freedom of Information
13. Investigation and Interview
15. Advertising Standards
16. The New Zealand Bill of Rights Act 1990