Understanding Company Law, 4th edition
An essential introduction to company law for students of business.
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing firstname.lastname@example.org; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
Providing an excellent balance between theory, case law and practice, Understanding Company Law covers the essential concepts of company law, business organisations, financial markets, takeovers and corporate governance in a clear and straightforward manner.
This new edition has been fully updated to take account of developments since the last edition was published in 2014, providing students with sufficient knowledge to develop a critical analysis and understanding of the topics. The law is presented in the context of critique, along with its uncertainties, ambiguities and problems, rather than as a mechanical description of the rules, making it easier to understand. The use of plain language ensures that the work is invaluable to students coming to the topic for the first time or who have English as a second language.
Key additions to this edition include:
- updates to the relevant legislation
- the inclusion of additional key case summaries
- summaries of recent Supreme Court decisions relevant to company law
- a new chapter on corporate governance in New Zealand
- a series of questions at the end of each chapter to test the reader on chapter content
- greater clarity of content
The LexisNexis Understanding series is renowned for its practical features and reference materials ideal for revision and exam preparation, such as:
- a glossary of key words
- lists of learning outcomes, key legislation and key cases
- key case summaries, with facts, issue and decision clearly stated
- examples, figures and tables used to illustrate concepts
- margin notes
- revision questions
- Plain English text to ease understanding of company law for non-law students.
- Practical examples and exercises to reinforce learning.
- Brand new chapter that expands the coverage of company law in the book.
Related LexisNexis Titles
- Miller & Barber, Understanding Commercial Law, 9th edition, 2019
- Watts, Campbell & Hare, Company Law in New Zealand, 2nd edition, 2015
- Barber, Understanding the Economic Environment, 4th edition, 2014
Table of contents
Chapter 1: Companies – context and problems
Chapter 2: Partnerships, limited partnerships and joint ventures
Chapter 3: Comparing business organisations
Chapter 4: Company formation and internal governance
Chapter 5: Corporate liability
Chapter 6: Corporate finance
Chapter 7: Record keeping, reporting and auditors
Chapter 8: Shareholders
Chapter 9: Shareholders’ remedies
Chapter 10: The board of directors
Chapter 11: Directors’ duties
Chapter 12: Financial markets law
Chapter 13: Takeovers and amalgamations
Chapter 14: Corporate default
Chapter 15: Liquidation
Chapter 16: Corporate governance
Understanding Commercial & Company Law (a custom publication) 2019 editionRelease Date: June 01, 2019NZD$ 145.00
Understanding Commercial & Company Law (a custom publication) 2019 edition (eBook)Release Date: June 01, 2019NZD$ 144.99
Understanding Commercial & Company Law (a custom publication) 2019 editionNZD$ 144.99