Company Law in New Zealand, 2nd edition
A comprehensive discussion and analysis of the principles of company law in New Zealand.
Company Law in New Zealand 3rd edition due to publish in 2022
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing email@example.com; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
Company Law in New Zealand provides a comprehensive discussion and analysis of the principles of company law in NZ. The work covers all aspects of the law relating to companies from the fundamentals of company law and the operation of the company’s business through to formal insolvency.
• Easy to use
• Collaboratively written by a panel of expert authors
• Includes discussion of amendments to the Companies Act 1993 and Limited Partnerships Act 2008 that came into force in 2014
• Watts, Director’s Powers and Duties, 2nd ed. (2015)
• Morison’s Company and Securities Law, (Looseleaf),
• Farmer and Hillind, Student Companion: Company Law, 2nd edition (2015)
Table of contents
Part 1: The fundamentals of property law
1. The company in context
2. Corporate personality
3. The consequences of incorporation
4. Formation of companies
5. Constitution and other governance instruments
Part 2: Operating the company’s business
8. The division of powers between directors and shareholders
9. Directors – definition and status
10. Company meetings
11. Company contracting
Part 3: Directors’ duties
12. Directors’ duties - sources and beneficiaries
13. Duty to act in the best interests of the company
14. Liability for profiting
15. Conflicts of interest
16. The directors’ duty of care, skill and diligence and compliance with the Act and constitution
17. Insolvency and directors’ duties
18. Duties owed to shareholders and the duty to act for a proper purpose
19. Ratification of directors’ breaches of duty
Part 4: Shareholder’s rights and remedies
20. Shareholder remedies: personal rights, corporate rights and the derivative action
21. Shareholder remedies: winding up, buy-outs and relief from oppressive, discriminatory or unfairly prejudicial conduct
Part 5: Accounts, audits and records
22. Accounts, audits and records
Part 6: Mergers, takeovers and amalgamations
23. Corporate takeovers
Part 7: Formal insolvency
25. Insolvency proceedings